Submit live video that makes people want to see you perform a house concert. A second live video as well as a personal, professional website is also required for applications.
should be a strong representation of what the act would sound/look like at a house concert. (Live Performances ONLY.) Creative approximations are fine, such as a simple setup with a few (optional) clapping fans in a homey or intimate setting.
format is less strict, but could certainly benefit from the same qualifications as Video 1.
While ReverbNation, MySpace and SonicBids can be useful tools, they are not a substitute for personalized, professional artist website.
- Judges will consider performance/song quality and "listening room feel." Although video is the primary medium for judging, this is not a video contest.
- Watch some sample videos from previous contests.
- Winners must be able to tour as they appear in the video. Most house concerts cannot accommodate more than 3 members or full drum sets. Small acts have a significant advantage.
- Videos - we must be able to see and hear the musicians clearly. Audience engagement gives you an advantage.
- Judges show a clear preference for original, non-aggressive music. Cursing and/or screaming can limit your appeal.
Email your questions to our Festival Director
Artists who have participated in any of the past five festivals may not apply. (2015-2019)