Submit live video that makes people want to see you perform a house concert. A second live video as well as a personal, professional website is also required for applications.
should be a strong representation of what the act would sound/look like at a house concert. (Live Performances ONLY.) Creative approximations are fine, such as a simple setup with a few (optional) clapping fans in a homey or intimate setting.
format is less strict, but could certainly benefit from the same tips as Video 1.
Your personalized, professional artist website. Not a page on some other website.
- Judges will consider performance/song quality and "listening room feel." Although video is the primary medium for judging, this is not a video contest.
- Watch some sample videos from previous contests.
- Winners must be able to tour as they appear in the video. Most house concerts cannot accommodate more than 3 members or full drum sets. Solo and duo acts have a significant advantage for bookings.
- Videos - we must be able to see and hear the musicians clearly. Audience engagement gives you an advantage.
- Judges show a clear preference for original, non-aggressive music. Cursing and/or screaming can limit your appeal.
Email your questions to our Festival Director [email protected]
Artists who have participated in any of the past NINE festivals may not apply. (2014-2021)